The case scenario provided will be used to answer the discussion questions that follow. ..8
Ms. G., a 23-year-old by Torntv V9.0″ href=”http://www.transtutors.com/tutorAccount/teacher-conversation-history.aspx?AssignmentID=219030&ApplyStatus=true” rel=”nofollow”>diabetic, is admitted to the hospital with a cellulitis of her left lower leg. She has been applying heating pads to the leg for the last 48 hours, but the leg has become more painful and she has developed chilling.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Complains of pain and heaviness in her leg.
• States she cannot bear by Torntv V9.0″ href=”http://www.transtutors.com/tutorAccount/teacher-conversation-history.aspx?AssignmentID=219030&ApplyStatus=true” rel=”nofollow”>weight on her leg and has been in bed for 3 days.
• Lives alone and has not had anyone to help her with meals.
• Round, yellow-red, 2 cm diameter, 1 cm deep, open wound above medial malleolus with moderate amount of thick yellow drainage
• Left leg red from knee to ankle
• Calf measurement on left 3 in > than right
• Temperature: 38.9 degrees C
• Height: 160 cm; Weight: 83.7 kg
• WBC 18.3 x 10¹² / L; 80% neutrophils, 12% bands
• Wound culture: Staphylococcus aureus
Critical Thinking Questions
1. What clinical manifestations are present in Ms. G and what recommendations would you make for continued treatment? Provide rationale for your recommendations.