When You Win…SLO #3
- Research the committees of the House ( http://www.house.state.tx.us/committees/ ) and state senate (http://www.senate.state.tx.us/committees.php )
- Choose at least three (3) committees on which you’d serve, if elected.
- Explain each committee’s functions .
- Explain why your placement on these committees is justified. How does it serve your district’s needs? How does it emphasize your experiences/interests?
- What kind of constituent service would you be likely to do? What kind of “home style” would you create (and how?) Most Texans do not know who their legislators are. How do you seek to solve that problem?
Program-Level Outcome 1: Communication Skills – to include effective development, interpretation and expression of ideas through written, oral and visual communication
1. Written: Process and produce effective written communication adapted to audience, purpose, and time constraints.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Program-Level Outcome 2: Critical Thinking Skills – to include creative thinking, innovation, inquiry, and analysis, evaluation and synthesis of information
Program-Level Outcome 5: Personal Responsibility – to include the ability to connect choices, actions and consequences to ethical decision-making
Program-Level Outcome 6: Social Responsibility – to include intercultural competence, knowledge of civic responsibility, and the ability to engage effectively in regional, national, and global communities
Course Level Outcomes :
Describe state and local political systems and their relationship with the federal government.
Evaluate the role of public opinion, interest groups, and political parties in Texas.
Analyze the state and local election process.
Identify the rights and responsibilities of citizens.
Analyze issues, policies and political culture of Texas.