PSY 444 Milestone Three Guidelines and Rubric/0 Comments/in Home> EssaysPrompt /by Essaysprompt
The final project for this course is a formal research project based on one of the psychological topics provided or a topic of your choice (to be approved by your instructor), and it will include the following components: abstract, introduction, methods and results, discussion, and references. Your report should be developed as if it were being presented at an undergraduate research conference.
The final project is meant for you to propose a hypothetical study. You are not and should not be conducting human-subject research for this project. It is not necessary for the purposes of this assignment. All human-subject research requires written approval from the SNHU COCE Institutional Review Board in order to protect the welfare and ensure ethical treatment of the subjects.”
Submit a draft of your discussion section. There are several important objectives that need to be accomplished in the discussion:
· Address the original question—were the results congruent with what was expected (hypothesis) and what was found (results)?
· If hypothesis was supported, state why and how.
· If the hypothesis was not supported, state why. For example, discuss potential sources of research error. (Apply the same critique methods used in the literature review.)
· Relate your research findings to existing research that was cited in your literature review.
· State how your research can be applied, extended, and/or improved.
The following critical elements in the Final Project Rubric are related to this milestone:
IV. Discussion: For the last section of your research report, you will write a discussion section, which describes your interpretation of the results and speaks to how future researchers can expound on your work. This section should contain the following elements, which will demonstrate your ability to detail the process of conducting research and to appropriately convey your results:
A. Interpret your results
B. Discuss any limitations or ethical issues
What to Submit
The draft of your discussion section should be 3–4 pages in length, double spaced, with 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, and APA formatting. Cite any references using APA formatting.
EssaysPrompt papers are NOT intended to be forwarded as finalized work as it is only strictly meant to be used for research and study purposes. EssaysPrompt does not endorse or condone any type of plagiarism.