1. Select one psychological personality assessment instrument, test, or inventory to serve
as the basis of this assignment. It should be an instrument that gives an overall
description of the test taker’s personality.
Specialized instruments designed to diagnose one specific disorder (ADHD, autism,
depression, substance abuse, etc.) are not appropriate. Even if your target application
involves a specific disorder, the test should be one that is a general personality measure
designed for the general population.
2. Identify a target application in which the personality instrument is used. Choose
(a) a specific disorder, such as bulimia or obsessive-compulsive disorder,
(b) a specific demographic population, such as individuals with a particular sex,
racial/ethnic background, disability, etc., or
(c) a specific situation, such as in the workplace or in counseling with normal
Be sure to state clearly what application you have chosen.
3. Explore the psychological literature to find three to five articles that test the use of
this inventory or assessment with the target application identified in 2.
4. Using the paper format I’ve provided, write a 1,750- to 2,100-word in-depth
examination of your selected test and its uses. Include the following in your paper:
a. Describe the characteristics, uses, and purposes of your selected assessment
instrument or inventory. Be sure to include basic information such as the
number and type of test items, and the names of the personality
characteristics it measures.
b. State which application of your instrument (which disorder, subgroup, or
situation) you have chosen, as described in 2 above.
c. Summarize each of the articles you found, paying particular attention to the
information your chosen test provides about the disorder, subgroup, or
situation you are targeting. 2
d. Identify the psychometric properties of the test (reliability and validity)
reported by the articles you found. Provide numbers if available.
e. Analyze any ethical considerations associated with your selected assessment.
(The MMY review(s) of your test might help with this.)
f. Summarize your research findings. Describe from your brief review of the
literature how your chosen test is or isn’t useful with your selected target
DOCUMENT TYPE REQUIRED: MS Word, .RTF, or .PDF document
SECTION HEADINGS are required; see the format documents attached.
LENGTH: 1,750 to 2,100 words
APA FORMAT REQUIREMENTS:
* APA-style page headers containing title and page number
* Title page including the name of the test, the personality theory, and the application
* APA-style Abstract
* References with citations in the text
* 12-point Times New Roman font