The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate effective strategies for leading diverse groups at various levels of an organization while fostering collaboration and compassion.
Review the case, Blake Sports Apparel and Switch Activewear: Bringing the Executive Team Together. Consider the criteria for successful teams and the factors needed to ensure teams are structured for success.
1,000 words plan describing the steps necessary to create more successful teams at various levels in an organization by utilizing the events outlined in the case. Address the following questions and concepts in your paper. Be sure to support your rationale by providing specific examples. You are required to include three to five additional references to support your position.
1. Define the characteristics and structure of successful teams. Describe how independent teams are vital to organizational success.
2. Discuss the important factors to consider when leading teams within the various levels of an organization. Discuss specifically which factors are important to consider when leading teams at the executive level.
3. Describe the aspects that are essential in identifying appropriate members for teams and ensuring the teams are successfully launched.
4. Discuss the important factors for ongoing team dynamics. Describe guidelines to evaluate the function and productivity of teams.
5. Describe strategies that can create collaboration and leadership initiative among team members. Based on the content provided in the case, explain the action that Barker can take to improve collaboration among the team members.
6. Compassion is a significant attribute of many religions and philosophies, as well as being important for both authentic and servant leadership. From a Christian worldview perspective, discuss how would you empower your teams as a leader through compassion, honoring diversity, engaging team members in civil discourse, and supporting equality for all members as they work toward a common goal.