his week students will:
- Evaluate the importance of the controlling function, and why financial controls are integral to this function.
- Examine management challenges presented by multicultural, technology-driven, and global organizations of the 21st Century.
- Analyze how the five functions of management are implemented in a real-world company.
To successfully complete this week’s assignments, read the following chapters in The Five Functions of Effective Management:
- Chapter 7: The Controlling Function
Chapter 8: The Five Management Functions as a Coordinated Sys
- Steps of ControlExplain why the four steps involved in the controlling function are important. Why is a good understanding of the various ratios used by accountants and managers important to the controlling function? Give specific examples. Respond substantively to two other learners.
Guided Response:Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.DISCUSSION 2
- Changes in ManagementOf the five management functions, which do you expect will experience the most dramatic changes in the next decade? Defend your answer. Which will have the least amount of change? Explain your answer. Respond substantively to two other learners.
Guided Response:Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Final Paper link in the left navigation.
Focus of the Final Paper
This assignment focuses on how the management practices of planning, leading, organizing, staffing, and controlling are implemented in your workplace. If you are not currently working, you may use a previous employer. In this assignment, you must:
- Analyze the application of these management concepts to your place of work; the paper will not simply be a report on the five functions in general.
- Identify specific examples and explain of how each applies to the functions practiced in your place of work.
Be sure to integrate vocabulary learned throughout this course and citations from the text to support your analysis. The paper should be five to six pages in length and formatted according APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the course textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.