This is an academic research paper of approximately 3–5 pages using APA (6th edition) format. This paper is not part of the course project you have been working on in previous units. In particular, you should identify a topic that addresses and expands on the key concepts of this course related to new product development and innovation. Specific key themes that could be developed relate to topics particularly relevant to the course, such as leadership issues that are all important in the process of new product development and innovation.
This academic paper should be developed using course materials and information available through the Capella University Library. You should have five or more references, and you should also consider citing course materials including the textbook. In addition to the theoretical component, include cases or examples that illustrate the important aspects of your research.
Your assignment will be graded on the following criteria:
- Outline a new product development process that can be applied to an organization seeking innovation and competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate research methodology and use of references for new product development.
- Analyze issues of leadership and ethics in new product development.
- Recommend best practices that apply concepts to practice.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and uses proper grammar, mechanics, and APA (6th edition) citations and references.