For this task, create two separate brochures â€“ one for prospective job applicants, and one for interviewers to use to help them select the best candidate for the job. You will conclude this assignment with a brief summary paper.
Use your new found knowledge of social psychologistsâ€ views concerning the influential power of first impressions to create this weekâ€s assignment.
Part 1: Interviewee Brochure
Begin by conducting an Internet search to locate common suggestions for job applicants for preparing for an interview. Imagine that you have been hired by a local community library to present a workshop assisting individuals who are looking for employment. For this workshop, you have been asked to create a brochure to provide to prospective job-seekers as a way to help them to land their dream job. In this brochure, be sure to address the following:
- Compile a list of the five most effective impression management strategies that are suggested for applicants to use during the interview. Cite the recent scholarly research on this topic to support your recommendations in your handout.
- Include a brief discussion about how much appearance or preparation matters, and why, and what applicants need to be mindful of before interviewing.
- Include some discussion about whether it is important to monitor nonverbal cues and behaviors. If it is important, explain how or in what way it is important. Which non-verbal behaviors seem to matter most in creating positive impressions when on an interview, and why is this the case?
- Describe how the strategies which you have selected are supported by the scholarly research in social psychology. Explain your suggestions briefly, and then support your recommendations by citing the recent scholarly peer-reviewed literature on this topic. As an example, if appearance is important in making a good first impression, how important is it? In what way does it matter? What are some tips for job seekers to remember? What study or theory supports this?
Length: 2-4 pages for interviewee brochure
Part 2: Interviewer Brochure
Now, create a separate handout for interviewers to use when screening applicants. Include the following in this brochure:
- Provide a list of the five top recommendations supported by the recent research, for interviewers to consider before conducting interviews?
- Provide strategies that will assist interviewers in accurately assessing whether or not an applicant is a good fit for the position.
Length: 1 page for interviewer brochure
Part 3: Summary
Conclude with a brief summary about first impressions based on your research for this assignment for both interviewers and interviewees to consider.
Begin your paper with a definition of impression management in your own words. Share your list of the five most effective strategies for both job applicants and interviewers (10 in total), and then present your analysis. Support your paper with at least five references from peer-reviewed journals.
Length: 1 to 2-page paper
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and use current APA standards for citations and references. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post assignment create brochures impression management strategies for job applicants and interviewers appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.