For all papers assigned in this class the following rules apply:
- All written assignments must be completed on a word processor or typewriter.
- Margins must be 1″ on the top, bottom, and both sides.
- All characters must be 12pt, the typeface is up to you as long as it is not script
- All assignments must be double-spaced.
- Do not use binders. Staple the papers in the top left corner please.
I expect your papers to flow logically and smoothly. Rambling discourse distracts from your point and consumes space that can be better used to make your point. If I cannot find your point, due to poor organization or poor presentation style, it will result in your losing credit for making the point regardless of if you think you made it. Organizing your paper to address each specific point I want you to make is critical to your success in writing for me.
I am interested in the paper demonstrating your intelligence, ability to use (as opposed to memorize) class concepts, evidence that you really considered the assignment and how to use it to improve yourself, and evidence that you are learning something from this experience. I expect you to use the terminology we are learning in the class appropriately. However, simply using a bunch of negotiation ‘buzzwords’ without having anything else to say will not help your grade. The key to an “A” is not following a formula or going through the motions, it is demonstrating that you are “getting it” and showing me that you are applying what you learn.
3. Follow Instructions
If you do not follow my instructions you will do no better than a C in this class. Answer every part of each assignment and keep to the point.
4. The Reader
You are writing to demonstrate your mastery of the material for me. Please consider what I know already and what I don’t know. Also consider what it is that I want you to demonstrate. If you do these things it will help you decide what to include and what to leave out of the papers. For instance, I do not need a re-cap of the exercise or the readingsso please do not use your papers to review the facts of the exercise or summarize the information in the readings. Use the information in the readings and exercises to support your position and opinion. The reflection papers will go to your negotiation partners and myself. Think about information they would find useful as well.
5. A Caution
If you do not read, understand, and follow the guidelines above you may be surprised at your grade.If you have read and understand the assignment only then are you are ready to start writing. You have not finished a paper until you have met the requirements on this checklist. Some words of advice:
- Read these instructions before you begin each assignment.
- Make an outline of your paper first and be sure it is logical and complete.
- Check your finished paper to make sure that you have followed the instructions completely.
- Spelling, grammar, use of sexist language, punctuation, and all of that count. I will deduct one percentage point for each error up to 20% of the possible points for any written paper. Please use your spell checker, proof read your papers, and have others proof read your papers so that you do not give up points that are related to presentation.
First Impressions Paper: (100 points)
Write a paper that describes and analyzes your negotiating style as it now exists. I am interested in what your approach to negotiation is beforebeing influenced by this class. I suggest that you format your paper in such a way that you answer each question in order and that you use at least one paragraph to answer each question completely and thoroughly. Do not fall into the trap of using one word answers to my questions. For example, when you identify your greatest weakness do not just say “fear”. If fear is indeed your greatest weakness, tell me why and give an example to illustrate your point. Always include the “why” that explains the “what” and you will find you earn better evaluations. Give this paper some thought and take time to do it well. It is your benchmark that you can use to gauge your progress over the semester. You will see your actual progress only if you know where you started. Also, this paper will be necessary reference for you when completing the final paper of the semester, so do a good job on it and save it when I return it to you after it is graded. Please answer the following questions:
- What comes to mind when you think of negotiating? Identify at least three ideas that are your first thoughts regarding negotiating.
- What behaviors does a good negotiator exhibit or practice?
- What behaviors does a poor negotiator exhibit or practice?
- What is your approach to negotiating? Describe what you typically think and do when you are faced with a conflict that can be resolved by negotiation.
- In your own words, critique your approach to negotiating. Identify what you do well and what you do poorly. State what you think is your greatest strength and greatest weakness.
This paper must be no less than two pages and no more than four in length. See the syllabus for the due date.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post BAA461 University of Alaska Anchorage Negotiation & Conflict Management Discussion appeared first on Top Premier Essays.