Benchmark – Informing Policy
The purpose of this assignment is to examine the process of putting a new policy into place.
Write a 1,250-1,500 word paper according to the instructions provided below.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Review news stories and articles regarding a recent (within the last year) health-related policy (not the Affordable Care Act).
Introduce this policy in your paper and discuss the following:
- How the governmental policy process informs the development, implementation, and assessment of policy within the realm of health care.
- The impact of your chosen policy on health care consumers, organizations, and systems.
- The impact of your chosen policy on health care providers.
Now imagine you are adapting this policy to the health care organization at which you work (or where you wish to work). Describe the organization and discuss the following:
- The stakeholders involved in policy formation and their impact on health care policy formation and structures.
- The response you expect from those stakeholders.
- The specific impact this governmental policy will make (positive, negative, indifferent) and why?
Incorporate two or three peer-reviewed scholarly resources in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MPA Health Care Management
4.5: Analyze how governmental policy processes inform the development, implementation, and assessment of policy within health care.
MS Health Care Administration
1.1: Analyze the impact of various stakeholders on health care policy formation and structures.
1.3: Examine measures of current and pending legislation and the impact on health care consumers, organizations, and systems.