Week 10 Assignment – Project Proposal: Execution, Control, and Closure
Note: This is the third of three assignments that, as a whole, cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to your selected project.
Now, it is time for you to discuss your project’s challenges (e.g., risks), performance management plan (e.g., earned value management), and proposed plan for closing the project when it is done.
Write a 4–6-page paper in which you define the execution, control, and closure aspects of your chosen project. In your paper you must:
1. Create a plan for project oversight that includes identifying the project’s greatest challenges and mitigation recommendations. The plan should also include rationale for why the selected challenges are the greatest challenges and why the chosen mitigation recommendations were made.
2. Provide specific and detailed information on how you will measure project performance. Define how the project will be measured and include at least three key EVM metrics that will be used to determine progress and performance success. This should also include rationale on why those specific metrics were chosen.
3. Create a plan for closing the project properly that includes details on how that closure will be coordinated with any necessary stakeholders.
4. Create a performance evaluation to measure project effectiveness that includes scope, cost, time, and quality.
5. Use at least three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.