Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Read Chapters 3 and 5 of the course textbook, Contemporary Project Management.
- Carefully review the document, Project Management Case Study—Logistics Service Improvement Project download .
- Watch Michael Porter: Why Business Can Be Good at Solving Social Problems (Links to an external site.).
Using the project management case study, develop a project charter (use headings) of three to four pages (no more than four pages). In addition to the course textbook, research two additional resources. In your charter,
- Summarize the project’s scope and limitations.
- Propose a business case for the project.
- Address how the project will enable the corporate strategy.
- Address how the project will apply corporate social responsibility (CSR) values.
- Calculate the Net Present Value (NPV) for the project business case. (Use Microsoft Excel to derive the NPV assuming the data below—submit an Excel spreadsheet as an appendix:
- Purchase price of $400,000.
- One-time project costs total of $100,000 spent in Year 0.
- Net benefits after taxes of $150,000 per year for five years.
- Salvage value for Year 6 and beyond of $400,000.)
- Summarize your results of NPV in the paper and refer to the Appendix.
- Develop a milestone schedule that includes five to seven elements
- Use the case study to derive the milestones. If the case is lacking, feel free to include a solution or milestone that you think Walmart would value.
- Predict the risks, threats, and opportunities of the project.
- Outline resources needed for the project.
- Develop your plan to form a high-performing project team.
- Identify five important groups of stakeholders.
The Project Charter Development paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted