I’m trying to study for my Communications course and I need some help to understand this question.
Television options (each show has no charge and has closed captioning):
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Black-ish (Links to an external site.)
- Modern Family (Links to an external site.)
- This Is Us (Links to an external site.)
- Erin Brockovich
If you have problems accessing any of this content, contact your instructor immediately.
In this assignment, you will write a two- to three-page (500 to 750 word) paper in which you apply some of the communication-based conflict resolution strategies outlined in your textbook to a conflict in a fictional television program or film.
In your paper,
- Define conflict, utilizing
- Describe one interpersonal conflict that was not handled effectively in the television episode or film.
- Explain how this situation meets the criteria for interpersonal conflict, utilizing Bevan, Section 9.2.
- Note: Focus on one exchange that illustrates one conflict and not the entire plot of the episode. If possible, provide some dialogue so the reader can clearly see how the characters handled the situation.
- Explain why the conflict was not handled effectively, utilizing Bevan (Chapters 8 and 9).
- Describe two strategies outlined in Bevan that the characters used to address the conflict, utilizing Bevan.
- Describe two strategies outlined in Bevan that the characters could have used to resolve this conflict more effectively, utilizing Bevan.
The Interpersonal Conflict in Television or Film paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length, which is 500 to 750 words (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).