Weekly Readings and Videos
4 Communication Styles and How to Navigate Them in the Workplace. Blanche, A. (2020, Dec 14). atlassian.com
[Flowchart] Which Communication Style Are You Working With? Williams, S. (n.d.). lucidchart.com
How Communication Styles Can Influence Workplace Culture. Sharkey, M. (n.d.). workplace.com
Walmart of External Communication is to Maintain. (2019, Jul 8). modernloveok.com
2020 Regeneration Doug McMillon Speech. (2020, Sep 22). corporate.walmart.com
Walmart Announces Expanded Vision and New Name for Its Media Business. (2021, Jan 28). corporate.walmart.com
4 Styles of Communication | Communication Styles In The Workplace. (8:14). Next Level Life. (2017, Mar 17). youtube.com
Every day at your work, you communicate with people who use different communication styles. Since communicating effectively to build strong work relationships supports business and personal success, it is critical that Walmart associates communicate effectively with customers, managers, and their fellow associates. This assignment lets you practice identifying different communication styles and determining effective ways to respond to the people who communicate using those styles.
Review this week’s course content and conduct additional internal (Walmart) and outside research on different communication styles. Based on this week’s readings and video content, and your research, complete the following:
- Review the video titled 4 Styles of Communication: Communication Styles in the Workplace in this week’s Readings and Videos section. Pay particular attention to the definitions for each style and how best to communicate with people who use each style.
- Think of two people you work with that use different communication styles.
- Identify which communication style each person uses (analytical, personal, intuitive, or functional), and explain how you came to this conclusion.
- For each person’s style, explain how you could use their particular communication style to communicate with them more effectively.
- Consider how you typically communicate with others at work and identify your own personal communication style. What are the benefits when you can communicate with others in their preferred communication style?