Contingency planning is a risk mitigation process for developing back-up plans in anticipation of events (scenarios) that might disrupt ‘business as usual’. Business continuity planning is an expanded version of contingency planning that typically encompasses a more comprehensive and extended response plan for getting back to ‘business as usual’. In a well-formatted, highly-detailed research paper, address the need to contingency planning, ensuring to address the following items:
(1) Benefits of scenario events/planning.
(2) Questions to consider when implementing scenario planning.
(3) The common types of scenario planning. Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be approximately four pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page. (Remember, APA is double spaced)
- Follow APA 7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.