I already choose Haiti as my research topic.
Students are to choose a low income economy (LIC) as classified by the
World Bank and write a brief report on the evolution of economic
development observed in that country since 1980 (see lecture slides /
LMS for classification of countries). This will include statistics on
economic growth; the change in per capita income levels, population,
and other qualitative statistics that characterise the level of
development attained from 1980 to the present. The report will also
analyse the key reason(s) why the country has performed the way it has
over the past two and half decades. This should include reference to
the economic theories that are covered in the course.
The report should demonstrate your ability to:
• Define economic development and how socio-cultural, political,
historical and economicvalues inform our notion of this.
• Research and gather the key economic statistics that characterise
the economic development of the country chosen (e.g. income per capita
and the Human Development Index).
• Highlight how this compares with other countries.
• Organise these statistics in a concise way (e.g. with a table).
• Demonstrate a capacity to use economic principles in the analysis of
explain why the selected economy has performed the way it has
(reflecting on how these principles fit within a broader global
• Plan and structure the report so that ideasconcepts are logically
• Demonstrate precise use of language.
The report will:
• be word processed in 12 point font using Times or Times New Roman at
• include a title
• be properly referenced (preferably using the Harvard style)
• include a statement of authorship as the front page
In addition the relevant data and information researched will be
summarised in tables or figures that have a title and are
Drafts / References
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now