Aymmetric Information [WLOs: 1] [CLOs: 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Hubbard and O’Brien’s (2017) Chapter 9. Asymmetric information is the situation in which one party to an economic or financial transaction has better information than the other party, which results in two problems: adverse selection and moral hazard.
In your paper,
- Select a financial institution or market and discuss the causes of asymmetric information.
- Describe real-world examples of adverse selection and moral hazard problems for your institution/intermediary or market.
- Evaluate the impacts of adverse selection and moral hazard problems on your financial institution/intermediary or market.
- Discuss a principal-agent problem in your financial institution/intermediary or market. A principal-agent problem is a moral hazard problem between managers and shareholders.
- Analyze whether your financial institution/intermediary or market can reduce the adverse selection and/or moral hazard problems.
The Asymmetric Information paper
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or other credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.