- Discuss how certain lifestyles and behaviors can affect physical health.
- How is research important in preventing disease and/or the spread of disease? Give an example of how research has helped improve the outcomes of people with certain diseases. Also, explain how scientists determine if research sources and/or data are reliable.
Answers 3 and 4 must be 500 words or more for each question.
- We know that epidemiology looks at the distribution of disease within specific populations. On the other hand, social epidemiology looks at social behavior and other factors to determine how they affect the distribution of disease within a population. Consider where you live, either on a state, city, or neighborhood community level, and think about a particular disease or health disparity that is most prevalent among a particular group. Discuss what the disease/health disparity is, what group it is affecting, and what factors are involved in the reason that this group is affected
- Using the CSU Online Library and/or other sources, either prove or disprove the idea that social stress and social networks affect an individual’s health.
- Explain the relationship between benchmarking, OFI’s, PIT’s, and Root Causes in managing a successful healthcare organization. Who do you believe should have ownership of this process in a healthcare facility, and why?
- Hospital ownership can be not-for-profit, for-profit, or governmental. Based upon your own experiences and your learning in this course, which type of hospital would you like to manage? Explain the rationale for your choice.
Northwest Community Hospital (NCH) has been lauded as one of the best places to work in America. That gives them a tremendous advantage in recruiting physicians, nurses, and allied health personnel. It sends a powerful signal to patients and to the hospital’s community about the quality of the organization. How did NCH accomplish that? What lessons can you take away from NCH to improve your own healthcare organization or the organization that you aspire to lead some day?
All the rest 300 words minimum