By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of psychology.
- Articulate scholarly evidence appropriate to the argument it supports.
- Competency 2: Apply psychological principles to topics in psychology.
- Describe the position taken in an author’s thesis statement.
- Follow APA guidelines for in-text citations and reference lists.
- Competency 3: Analyze scholarly information and research findings through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of psychology.
- Articulate evidence-supported arguments that directly support the thesis.
- Articulate evidence-supported counterarguments that directly question the thesis.
- Articulate evidence-supported arguments to rebut the counterarguments.
- Competency 4: Apply ethical principles and standards to topics in psychology.
- Draw implications, including ethical implications, from the conclusions.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Articulate a well-developed conclusion that logically flows from the arguments presented.
- Write in a manner that is scholarly in tone, easy to follow, and free from grammatical and spelling errors.
For your final paper, you will select a controversial topic in psychology on which to take a position. Choose from the following topics:
- Does cosmetic surgery promote or hinder self-esteem?
- Does use of electronic technology promote or detract from well-being?
- Does online learning or traditional face-to-face learning lead to higher academic performance?
- Which is more effective in treating attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)—medication or behavioral interventions?
- Are virtual teams or traditional teams more effective?
After exploring scholarly research on both sides of the issue, write a 5–7 page, double-spaced paper (not including title page, abstract, and references) that presents:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- An introduction to your topic.
- Your position and arguments.
- Evidence for your position.
- Counterarguments to your position.
- Evidence for the counterarguments.
- Rebuttals to those counterarguments.
Your paper should reference a minimum of five scholarly sources, cited and referenced in APA format.
Your assembled paper should consist of:
- A title page.
- An abstract.
- A clear introduction to the topic.
- A thesis statement, your position, and arguments.
- A summary and conclusion that discusses the implications (including the ethical implications) of your position and conclusions.
- A page of APA-cited references.
View the Joel Taylor Sample Final Paper linked in Resources to see how your paper should be organized. You are also encouraged to use the APA Paper Template, also linked the Resources.
****TOPIC I HAVE CHOSEN****
I have chosen the medication versus behavioral therapy treatment as my topic to discuss. ADHD are a part of many of our lives. Mostly diagnosed in children, but many adults have the same symptoms. Most people tend to turn to medication to help with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). There are other ways to treat ADHD, like ABA. ABA is applied behavior analysis. This style of treatment on mostly used for children with autism but can be used for children with ADHD. I feel that parents need to try nonmedical treatment for ADHD before they turn to medication. There have been many studies of on this topic. The results of the present study underline the efficacy of the Applied Behavioral Analysis intervention in improving the core symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorders in children with ASD and ADHD traits. (Ilinca MIHAILESCU, 2013)
ABA can treat many disorder and have been proven to work best for ADHD. This type of therapy is best for all children before they turn to medication. Some children may need medication to work with ABA, but most can be treated with only ABA services. ABA works by focusing on one task and building off that task with others. ABA can work with a child on expanding their attention span, so they can focus on another task. Once the therapist has the child’s attention, they can work on speech, writing, social skills, etc.
Ilinca MIHAILESCU, L. K. (2013). ONE-YEAR APPLIED BEHAVIOURALANALYSIS INTERVENTION. volume 1, Issue 2.