ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL AND ANSWERED IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE
By Saturday, May 17, 2014
Jacob, a 13-year-old male, is caught shoplifting a hoodie at a local department store. Security detained Jacob and called the police. Jacob was then interviewed at the local police station. His parents were called and attended his interview with the detective.
The detective asks Jacob, â€œWhy did you take the garment? Didnâ€™t you think you would be caught? What did you think your parents would say? Why did you do such a stupid thing?â€
- What do you think is wrong in this scenario?
- What do you think Jacob is feeling?
- What do you think Jacobâ€™s nonverbal behavior would exhibit?
- If you were the detective, how would your questions differ? Give an example of three questions you would have presented Jacob.
- What type of interview strategy would you have used?
- In what type of environment would you conduct the interview?