Write an essay in which you analyze the role that setting and character play in driving the plot events in a fiction story from the Part 2 readings. Poetry or nonfiction will not work for this assignment. The essay should contain an introduction, body, and conclusion, be 1-2 pages in length, typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font, size 12. Please save your essay as a Word document and submit as an attachment to be graded.
• Choose a story with elements that are clearly or strongly related. For example, you might choose a story with a plot in which the setting is crucial.
• Briefly summarize the story, describing the setting(s) and the major characters.
• Analyze the ways in which setting is essential to the plot of the story. For example, in an adventure story the plot events might hinge on severe weather conditions, high altitude, or heavy snowfall.
• Analyze the ways in which the main characters are crucial to the arc of the story. For example, a reckless climber might take a risk that becomes an inciting event that drives the entire storys action.
• In your conclusion, summarize how the authors choices in creating and developing characters and establishing setting impact the sequence of events in the story.
Analysis is the practice of looking closely at small parts to see how they affect the whole. Literary analysis focuses on how plot, character, setting, and many other techniques are used by the author to create meaning. Always be sure to discuss the significance of your observations to the theme(s).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Read the story several times. Take notes on its themes, characters, setting, plot, and so on. Be sure the notes include looking beyond the surface to the deeper meaning the author is trying to relay. Include how the authors message and the storys themes then impact setting, characters, plot, and so on. Analysis also looks at why the meaning is important.