A team is said to be a performing team when they achieve their targets, goals within the given time. These teams score high on all their key performance indicators (KPI). But a team does not always become a high performing team. Certain conditions are required for a team to become a high performing team. One of these condition is trust (Sirkka & Dorothy, 1999). Team members should be able to trust each other and rely on each other for their respective parts of the job. When each team member accomplishes his or her part of the job in time, the team gets a morale boost and becomes a high performing team. The morale boost also helps in sustaining the high performance. Likewise, communication is important in the team. It is the role of the team leader to ensure that all members successfully accomplish their task at their given time and that there is sufficient communication within the team regarding the project status, quality expectation and time constraints.
High team productivity is the result of a high performing team. Team productivity is directly related to the interpersonal relationship of team members with each other. TO focus on team productivity, one must focus on team performance. Team performance can be achieved once the team has gone through the forming, norming, and storming stages. John, Barbara, & Gino (2006) discuss that the way to unlock the potential of a team is to foster role-based discussions early in the team. The more a team storms on their respective roles, the faster they come to an understanding on how to achieve the objectives of a project.
Avis (2009) discuss that a team leader must be innovative in rewarding his or her team members. A team leader knows the team better than a business owner or project owner. Hence a team leader can be the best judge of who deserves what, and how to reward. Regarding creativity Avis (2009) mentions that not all employees are motivated through monetary rewards. Monetary rewards are essential but motivation and recognition among senior management also goes a long way. Sometimes words of recognition motivate a team member, other times it is a higher position in the company, still other times a challenge motivates the team member. Hence, different employees are motivated in different ways. It is the team leader’s job to understand which employee gets motivated in which way.
Read and respond to the above post. See posting/discussion requirements. Write atleast 150 words.
Respond to your colleagues’ posts in one or more of the following ways:
• Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, research from academically reviewed journal articles.
• Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
• Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Campbellsville Library.
• Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
• Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Campbellsville University Library
• Make suggestions based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
• Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now