Food Standards Code in Australia
This is about some data report and can you read all file when you start this essay.
5. Prepare a short report (200 words) on your findings. Comment on what this experience has shown you about the foods and beverages you consume and the operation of the Food Standards Code in Australia
Follow the steps below to work through the documents and to prepare your report.
1. Read the Application document to familiarise yourself with what the company is requesting and why. Prepare a short summary as an introduction to your report.
2. Read the Initial Assessment Report (all pages). Summarise the main components of this report, ie what aspects were covered, what content was addressed.
3. Read the Draft Assessment Report (pages 1-42) and comment on how it differed to the initial assessment report. This could be displayed as a table.
4. Read the Nutrition Assessment Report (Pages 43-66 of the Draft Assessment Report) knowledge of the findings will contribute to your hypothetical submission later on.
5. Compare the summary of submissions to the Initial Assessment Report (on pages 84 98 of the Draft Assessment Report) and the summary of submissions to the Draft Assessment Report (pages 95-108 if the Final Assessment Report). In particular consider the different stakeholder groups (Industry or Industry related agencies, Government, Health related Agencies), and the differences in their preferred option. Postulate why each group or subgroup within each group would take the position they have. This could be displayed as a table.
6. Draw a timeline of the process from Application to Gazettal. Comment on the length of time the process took and the reasons why.
7. Write a hypothetical submission on behalf of the Public Health Association of Australia or the Australian Consumers’ Association in response to the Draft Assessment Report (not the initial assessment or the final assessment report), highlighting your preference and the reasons why.