For this assessment, think of an organization you are familiar with and imagine yourself as a psychology professional on the staff.
Your employer expanded services to a new group of clientele prior to reviewing the latest research. After an initial rocky start, your supervisor has asked you to research the new clientele and write a report on the research that can be shared with the team designing the services.
Make your document easy to read by using the following subheadings to organize content:
Begin with a 1-page executive summary that briefly summarizes the issue, research findings, and the recommendations. Refer to the Resources for links to examples of executive summaries and resources for templates.
- Identify the type of organization, clientele, and stage of development.
- Identify the area of concern for the target group: language development, cognitive development, psychosocial development, or moral development.
- Explain the specific topic or issue researched.
- In 2 or 3 sentences, summarize the research findings.
- In 2 or 3 sentences, briefly summarize the implications for developing services for this target group.
- Explain why is research on this topic important in the field of human lifespan development.
Theory and Research
- What are the connections between the theory and the research?
Findings and Methods
- What do the research findings mean in the articles you read?
- What are some of the factors that influence research?
- What research methods were used in the articles you read?
Implications for Service Development
- How do the research findings influence professional behavior and values?
- How can the research guide social thinking?
- What are some research-based recommendations for serving the identified target group?
Example Assessment: You may use the assessment example, linked in the Assessment Example section of the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message and is consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Resources: Minimum of three scholarly or professional resources. Please note that popular resources such as Wikipedia or About.com are not appropriate.
- Length: 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages of content in addition to a title page and a references page.