Imagine the following scenario: Jared is very excited about his date with Alba. As he gets ready, he selects clothes that he thinks flatters his body the most and shows his good taste. He chooses a cologne that does not smell feminine and is not overpowering. Respond to the items below. Your response should be ½ page in
1. Identify at least two (2) social psychology perspectives that could be used to interpret Jared’s date-preparation behavior.
2. Provide a brief explanation of his behavior based on each of the two (2) perspectives you identify.
The textbook describes self-handicapping as a strategy people sometimes employ to protect the perceptions others have of their competency from potential failure. Respond to the items below. Your response should be ½ page in length.
1. Describe at least two (2) situations in which you have employed self-handicapping in the past.
2. What would the costs have been for appearing incompetent? Describe at least one (1) cost for each situation.
Respond to the items below. Your response should be ½ page in length.
1. Describe at least two (2) ways that verbal behavior and nonverbal behavior interact to affect our interpretations.
2. Are we equally able to control each channel (verbal and nonverbal)? Describe at least one (1) example that supports your position.
The categories of social influence can be distinguished by the amount of social pressure associated with the influence effort. Respond to the items below. Your response should be ½ page in length.
1. Come up with one (1) example from your own life of an instance when you succumbed to conformity, one (1) example of when you succumbed to compliance, and one (1) example of when you succumbed to obedience.
2. Describe at least two (2) main differences among these different types of social influence.
Please use APA format with running headers, and Cite all sources.