The purpose of a functional behavior assessment is to determine when, where, and why a student is engaging in challenging behaviors. Students may engage in challenging behaviors across various conditions, as behaviors may be adaptive or serve a communicative intent. Utilizing FBAs, teachers can test a hypothesis for the function of challenging behavior. Once the function of a challenging behavior is determined, teachers can put the necessary supports in place to ensure student success.
Create a digital graphic organizer explaining, in detail, the procedural steps involved in performing a functional behavior assessment.
Address the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Identifying when an FBA would be conducted
- Identifying stakeholders and roles each stakeholder plays in the collaborative processes
- Types of collaborative data collected and interpreted from stakeholders regarding student behavior that has led to conducting an FBA in an ethical and professional manner
- Identifying and defining target behaviors
- Conducting collaborative behavioral assessments, including direct observation and indirect collection methods, and how the data can be used to make decisions about individuals with disabilities
- Conducting an FBA, including different types of assessment tools and an appropriate timeline
- Identifying next steps after an FBA is conducted
Support your graphic organizer with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.