Health Assessment/Movie Care Presentation
Movie Character Health Assessment Presentation
In this assignment, you will be creating a PowerPoint presentation based on the application of the functional health assessment of a movie character. To complete this assignment, do the following:
Choose a movie from the following list and identify a character from the movie on whom you would like to do a health assessment. If you wish to use a character from a movie not included on the following list, get the approval of your instructor.
1. Away From Her
2. Lorenzo’s Oil
4. My Sister’s Keeper
6. Rain Man
7. Steel Magnolias
9. The Elephant Man
10. The Mighty
11. The Tic Code
Create a PowerPoint presentation of 10-12 slides using the template “Movie Character Presentation.”
1. Provide an introduction and background overview of the movie character (client).
2. Assess the client using the “Functional Health Pattern Assessment.”
3. Based on your “observations” and thoughts, document your assessment, providing examples from the movie.
4. Describe any observed or potential cultural, geographic, religious, ethnic, or spiritual considerations of this client.
5. Describe two normal health patterns of the client as well as two abnormal health patterns that you observe, and provide examples.
6. Develop an appropriate nursing diagnosis for the client based on your assessment.
7. Identify and describe three interventions for the client: health promotion, health prevention, and maintenance.
8. Identify at least two possible resources or community services to which you would refer this client and provide rationale for your choices.