How do you distinguish between a dependent variable, independent variable, and controlled parameters? Why is this important to the investigative process?
Write a 350- to 700-word summary in which you discuss the value of the scientific investigation process by examining experiments from this course. The scientific method was used to conduct experiments through observations, predictions, experiments, data collection, interpretations, and drawing conclusions. You should write a coherent essay that addresses at least all the following topics:
- Why is creating a hypothesis and then a testable question important before conducting a scientific investigation?
- How do you determine which scientific tools to use for a laboratory investigation?
- How do you distinguish between a dependent variable, independent variable, and controlled parameters? Why is this important to the investigative process?
- What is the relationship between observations, data gathering, and data interpretation?
- How do you determine the appropriate type of graph to use for graphically representing data?
- What is the relationship between the predicted outcome and drawing a conclusion?
Use at least one example from your labs to support your understanding of scientific investigation.
color in light
reflection and refraction of light