Address the following in 4–6 pages:
- Are there existing public communication programs, processes, systems, efforts, and plans in place for the purposes of public education as it pertains to Risk and Emergency Alerting? What are they? Explain in detail.
- Has the effectiveness of any of these existing efforts been measured? Explain.
- Are they effective? Why or why not?
- What gaps currently exist? Explain in detail.
- What programs, processes, systems, or efforts should be implemented to fill those gaps? Explain.
- How do you measure the effectiveness of new or existing programs? Explain.
- Many communities and states provide recommendations that outline preparedness activities for families and businesses. Generally, they are provided via the Internet (see supporting materials) and flyers.
- What other steps should emergency management officials take to encourage community preparedness? Explain in detail.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.