Actions for Discussion 1.2: Otto Lilienthal
- How does the DoD interact with the commercial air transportation? Provide examples of how an interaction might go.
- Congress, under pressure from the public, dealt directly with the issues of service, noise, and personal safety. When did Congress create the Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) and what was their role?
- What is the percent of time that the DoD works with individual air carriers? How is this time spent?
- In your own words, explain the term “aviation”.
- Recount the first official airmail flight; who actually flew the flight?