13-18 slide PowerPoint presentation, with detailed speaker notes, which should include a title slide, introduction slide, summary or conclusions slide, “questions” slide, and references slide
Consider the following scenario: The General Secretary of the FDA has tasked you with developing an educational PowerPoint on the nutritional needs for a specific stage of life.
Research your topic using online sources, such as the Food and Drug Administration or the U.S. Department of Agriculture; and local sources, such as farmers’ markets, for content and nutrition suggestion for the presentation.
Create a public service PowerPoint presentation, with appropriate images, to be shown to a group of couples at a local hospital that are expecting their first child. Include the following points:
- Identify the nutritional needs for a developing embryo and fetus and how to obtain them.
- Identify health concerns or disease associated with poor nutrition during the gestation period.
- Provide examples of good and bad nutritional choices for baby and mom.
- Once the baby is born, address the pros and cons of breastfeeding versus formula-feeding.
- Make recommendations for where readers might search for more information regarding nutrition. Remember to determine and choose credible sources of nutritional information.