Through our readings and discussion this week, we learned that it is best practice to use multicultural literature in the classroom. However, along with the benefits, there are also downfalls of teaching with multicultural books. In this assignment, you will find quality multicultural books and discuss the benefits and possible pitfalls of their use in the classroom.
To prepare for this assignment,
- Review the Multicultural Literature in Diverse Classrooms Template that you will use to complete this assignment.
- Read Examining Multicultural Picture Books for the Early Childhood Classroom: Possibilities and Pitfalls.
- Read Why Should We Teach Multicultural Literature? (Links to an external site.)
- Watch Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie at TEDGlobal 2009: The Danger of a Single Story (Links to an external site.).
- Research and choose four quality multicultural childrenâ€s books for a classroom library: two books appropriate for students ages 3 to 5 and two appropriate for students ages 6 to 8. The books cannot be any of those listed in the Week 1 discussion forum Evaluating Childrenâ€s Multicultural Literature. You can find books through Storyline Online (Links to an external site.), YouTube (Links to an external site.), or search engines.
- Review the optional Annotated Bibliography (Links to an external site.)
In this paper, include the following two parts:
- Part 1: Annotated bibliography
- Create an annotated bibliography for your four chosen multicultural childrenâ€s books. Each entry should include APA format, a 100- to 150-word summary, and a discussion of how the book will promote cultural diversity.
- Part 2: Summary of learning
- Compose a brief introduction that will allow your reader to follow the organization of your paper and the focus of your discussion. (One to two paragraphs)
- Explain the benefits of using multicultural literature in the classroom.
- Describe possible drawbacks of using multicultural literature in the classroom.
- Summarize the importance of using multicultural literature in a culturally diverse classroom.
- Write a conclusion to your paper, briefly summarizing the ideas you discussed. (One to two paragraphs)
The Multicultural Literature in Diverse Classrooms paper
- Must be at least two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.)resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one credible source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick â€˜nâ€ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Wri
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post multicultural literature in diverse classrooms 1 appeared first on My Nursing Experts.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post multicultural literature in diverse classrooms 1 first appeared on nursing writers.