Complete the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) carbon footprint calculator activity at https://www3.epa.gov/carbon-footprint-calculator/
Use this worksheet to record your responses to the following questions. Your responses (not counting the questions) should equal 500 words of content.
- What was your carbon footprint (number of pounds of emissions for each category)? How did your family carbon footprint (annual pounds of C2 emissions) compare to the U.S. average?
- Did your carbon footprint numbers surprise you? Why, or why not?
- Explain at least two types of changes you were willing to take or not take in each category (energy, transportation, and waste).
- How much was your emissions numbers reduced with your proposed changes?
- Summarize your savings.
- How many trees are your proposed changes equal to?
- How much monetary savings are your proposed changes equal to?
- How many pounds of waste reduction are your changes equal to?
- What role do you think the government should take in reducing emissions?
- While the EPA Carbon Footprint Calculator may not be super accurate and not truly personalized, what is the purpose of the calculator?
- Write a few sentences summarizing your thoughts on the assignment.