1. Locate the name of a recent (<5 years), professional, nursing journal related to the area of nursing you are interested in pursuing. Please refer to the library resources in Canvas to help guide you. Please include a copy of your article with your assignment submission; this can be a .pdf file.
2. Find one scholarly, peer-reviewed article that interests you and read it.
3. In the workspace below, type a one page (double spaced) summary of the article you read. In your summary, make sure and use in-text citations, including page numbers if you use a direct quote. Remember, even information that is summarized must be cited to avoid plagiarism.
4. At the end of the summary, type the reference to your article in correct APA style.
5. Simply attach both this template (in Word format) and the article to Canvas when you submit.
A word about plagiarism: When you submit homework to an instructor, you are saying, “Unless I have noted otherwise with a citation, this is my own original work; these are my own words and my own original ideas.” Reading the article, understanding it, interpreting it, and creating a summary in your own words is part of the work of learning. Using someone else’s words is like saying “I did this work” when you really didn’t. Use this assignment as an opportunity to work on your skills of reading and summarizing.
Workspace: Please begin your assignment below. Follow APA format (double space, no bold font, in-text citations) and make sure and use complete sentences, grammar, and spelling. You do not need a title page or headers but you must include your reference at the end.