Help me study for my Powerpoint class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
As early childhood educators, it is our responsibility to assist parents in encouraging the development of literacy in their children. One way to do this is by providing resources to our parents on how they can foster literacy at home (Coats, 2013).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
To prepare for this assignment,
- Review Chapter 5 in the course textbook.
- Read the document Add Notes to Your Slides.
Your presentation must include the following:
- Title slide.
- Defend the importance of reading to young children (at least one slide).
- Describe effective resources for story or music time (at least one slide).
- Examine how to decide what types of books are appropriate for young learners (at least one slide).
- Include a list of suggested books that will benefit each type of literacy (linguistic, audio, visual, gestural, spatial, and tactile) and an explanation of why these books will benefit each type of literacy (at least one slide).
- Describe at least two community resources and/or organizations (local to your area) that you would suggest to parents for accessing literacy materials (at least one slide).
- Determine at least six online resources that parents can use to promote their child’s literacy development (at least two slides).
- Reference slide.
- Each slide should be designed to clearly and concisely address the material.
- The notes section of the PowerPoint must be utilized to expand on your presented points and include any additional information necessary to explain the student’s point of view.
The Parent Literacy Presentation
- Must be seven slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of project
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one scholarly source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this presentation, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.)resource for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate reference slide that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the