Purpose: The primary goal of this Assignment is to evaluate how communication of foreign policy interests can be influenced by different theoretical perspectives. Your task is to discuss and assess how effective are realist, liberal, and identity theoretical perspectives at communicating U.S. national interests.
Prepare: Read the Conclusion in the course text and the 2017 U.S. National Security Strategy. (Links to an external site.)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Reflect: Effective communication is essential in conducting productive foreign affairs. One of the most important forms of communication is letting other states know national security interests. States work diligently to ensure that other states are aware of their national security interests. Conflict can sometimes erupt when national security interests are not received, are misunderstood, or are poorly communicated. As we discussed in Week 2, history is filled with examples of when states have not received, have misunderstood, or have poorly communicated vital national security interests with catastrophic results. Embedded in the challenges of effective communication is the ability to comprehend the various international relations theoretical perspectives that imbue communications of security goals, objectives, and interests. Again, incomplete awareness and understanding of this form of global political communication can lead to catastrophic results.
Here is a video to watch : https://youtu.be/y32cFdicW1U
Write: In your assignment, complete the following:
- Describe one statement in the National Security Strategy(NSS) that is based on the realist perspective.
- Describe one statement in the National Security Strategy(NSS) that is based on the liberal perspective.
- Describe one statement in the National Security Strategy(NSS) that is based on the identity perspective.
- Explain why each statement is an example of the specified theoretical perspective.
- Assess which theoretical perspective is the most effective at communicating U.S. national security interests.
The Week Five Assignment:
- Must be at least two pages (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center(Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three appropriate sources:
- These could include the article, the course text, and any of the required or recommended resources for this week.
- You can also include additional resources found on the Ashford University Library website. The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources downloadtable offers additional guidance on appropriate source types.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in Citing Within Your Paper(Links to an external site.).
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must include a conclusion that summarizes the main points and restates the thesis.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Formatting Your References List