Psychometrics, Intelligence Testing, Test Bias, and Test Validity
As the science and study of psychological testing, psychometrics has become a growing field that holds out promise for assessment psychologists. Controversies surrounding the use of tests to make high-stakes decisions in multiple arenas have challenged the current proponents of tests, leading many to feel that testing, although helpful, carries costs.
In a minimum of 200 words, respond to the following:
- Discuss the field of psychometrics and the controversy surrounding intelligence testing. In your opinion, are standardized tests of intelligence biased or unbiased? Justify your statements.
- Explain the differences between test bias and test validity. What are some examples of test bias and test validity? What are some ways in which test creators can reduce test bias and increase test validity?
- Cite all sources in APA format.
- Support reasoning with journal articles (research) and examples.
- Attach a Turnitin.com Report.