This activity is designed as a post-assessment tool to showcase the knowledge and understanding of basic writing principles and language conventions you have acquired in this course. Take time to review the 2–4 writing goals you set in Workshop 1 as you prepare to complete the quiz. The goal of this assignment is to allow you to demonstrate the writing skills necessary to complete a doctoral degree by assessing the components of effective writing you utilized throughout this course.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate doctoral level writing skills.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand how to interpret the results of your test.
- Navigate to the test Writing Practice: Sentence Structure(new tab). You may be required to sign in using your IWU credentials. Carefully read the instructions provided on the webpage.
- The test is being used as a summative assessment tool to identify areas of change as a result of taking this course.
- You have 200 minutes to complete the test, with unlimited attempts available.
- Choose your test mode as Practice or Learner, descriptions of each are found on the Instruction Page.
- There are 40 questions.
- When you have completed your test, review your Score Report (including any questions you answered incorrectly), Score Breakdown, and Recommended Resources.
- Write a paper summarizing the results of the quiz and identifying a continued plan of action for writing skills improvement. The document should be no more than one page in length:
- Communicate your results.
- Identify topics of strength and weakness.
- Describe your progress over the past eight weeks. Were there any improvements in the 2-4 key priorities for improving writing that you identified at the start of the course?
- What resources will you use to continue to improve your writing skills during the remainder of the DBA program?
- Submit the document to the assignment submission page by the end of the workshop.