Ethical Considerations in Your Research
Now that you have read and viewed the resources for this module, consider your own research study. What ethical boundaries might be at risk? Who or what might be negatively affected by my research results? Could my results be swayed by personal feelings? Dig deep and think beyond the scope of your recent research!
- State your research topic and purpose.
- State your research question(s).
- List and label the variables as independent, dependent, intervening, or moderating.
- State your hypothesis.
- Describe the potential ethical issues that you would need to consider in conducting your research. Be specific in rating the issues to the details of your study.
- Describe how you would address the identified ethical issues.
Research Methodology and Analysis Report
Using the research question and hypotheses you developed in week 5 Literature Review Assignment, write a report outlining the type of data you would collect, how you would collect it, and how you would analyze it. The primary purpose of this Research Methodology Report Assignment is to give you experience in determining appropriate research methods to be used with the research question and hypotheses you have posed and with the type of data you would need to collect to answer your question.
Your report must contain the following sections (use these sections as headings in your paper). APA formatting standards must be followed throughout.
- Study Design – This is an overview section that includes information from your previous assignments. You should repeat the research question and hypotheses from your literature review assignment here, then briefly tell what type of study you would do, what type of data you would collect, and summarize how you would collect and analyze the data. Most of these points are covered in more detail in later sections.
- Population and Sample – This is a short section describing the population for your report, your sample, and how your sample will be selected.
- Variables and Measures – Describe the variables in your study. Indicate whether they are independent, dependent, moderating, or intervening. Describe the relationship between the variables. Tell how they will be measured.
- Data Collection Methods – Tell what kind of data you need to collect and how, where, and when you will collect the data. If you plan to use a survey or questionnaire, include a copy of that instrument in an appendix to your report. Also, include a copy of your cover letter for your survey. If you plan to interview, tell if it would be structured or unstructured and why. If it is a structured interview, include the questions you would ask in an appendix to the report.
- Data Analysis Methods – Describe the techniques you will use to analyze the data. Indicate why you selected those methods and why they are appropriate. You must be specific and detailed in identifying and justifying the processes and statistical tests you will use in the analysis of your data.
- References – Your report must contain a reference section that includes all sources in your paper. References must be in APA format.
MIS Reflection Activity
Now that this course has taken you on a journey of introduction to the world of management information systems, it is time to reflect back on the concepts and topics presented in this course. The purpose of this activity is to give you an opportunity to present your overall understanding of how MIS solutions impact and assist businesses in their day-to-day operations, decision-making, and strategic planning. Your fellow students, while not obliged to do so, will be able to review your data and post comments in responses as in the other discussion activities.
Select an information system that you feel has greatly impacted or assisted business processes during your employment history. Be sure to include data that specifically explains how the implemented solution has contributed to a higher level of efficiency, increased profits, or other evaluation metric. Another approach that you can take is to explain where an information system solution could have been implemented in your employment history, pointing out issues or shortcomings in business processes that could have been reduced or eliminated. If you choose to do so, you can post an additional paragraph or two to conclude your post to express your opinions and specific thoughts on how well the course syllabus, textbook, module activities, and assignments were presented. You could comment on how the course has enlightened you and will enable you to progress successfully in your career.
IS Technology Current Event
Continuous developments in the realm of information systems technology are promulgated in the news media on an almost daily basis. Somewhere out during the ‘wee hours’ of the night, the latest Bill Gates clone is ‘burning the midnight oil’ working to develop another remotely possible concept into an actual productive technology.
In this assignment, you will create summary report on topics relating to Information Systems technologies that have impacted a business decision or served prominently as a solution utilized by an enterprise. The idea here is to locate timely, newsworthy data from a source that presents interesting articles relating to the latest developments in Information Systems. You will evaluate and synthesize your new-found data and post a summary of the current event. Search through the articles in the RSS news feed https://www.techrepublic.com, and choose one from the last year (must be current within ONE year) relating to an information systems technology that has impacted a business decision or served prominently as a solution utilized by an enterprise. Be aware that some articles in the news feed may not be appropriate for this assignment. The idea here is to locate timely, newsworthy data relating to an MIS that one might utilize as a manager in today’s On-Demand Economy. You will evaluate and synthesize your new-found data and post a summary (minimum 250 words) of the topic.
Treaties Affecting Outer Space – Outdated?
Read the following articles addressing the two space treaties: “Outer Space Treaty of 1967” and “The Moon Treaty of 1979”:
Answer the question: : Are both of these treaties still viable in the 21st Century, or do they need revision?
Space Policy Directives
Read the following articles highlighting Space Policy Directives 1 and 2:
Answers the question: “Do you think Space Policy Directive 2 will make Space Policy Directive 1 easier to reach? Why or why not?
You will identify the weather hazard that, in your opinion, poses the greatest risk to aviation operations. Provide an explanation of your chosen weather hazard to include the atmospheric conditions that must be present for your hazard to exist. You will also provide a justified explanation to support your reasoning for choosing your specific weather hazard. Include a properly formatted in-text citation and reference to support your position. The goal is to engage in a collaborative and constructive debate that promotes critical thought and reflection.
Weather Policy and Procedures
You will assume the role of a manager of flight operations for an aviation organization. Conduct research and develop your organization’s weather policy and procedures to brief to the organization’s president. Write about:
- Strategies to collect reliable weather information
- A risk management approach to facilitate a Go-No-Go Decision
- Strategy to adapt to changing weather phenomenon