As a Human Service Professional, you will encounter clients who have a multitude of problems and needs. As our society changes, it is our responsibility to stay aware of the changes and how those changes impact the services we provide. It is also our responsibility to know what services and programs are available in our own community. Please use the assigned readings and use the Library to research peer-reviewed studies to support your post.
Please respond to the following:
- Locate a program in your community serving one of the societal problems you identified in the unit 9 discussion.
- Identify the name of the program and provide a brief description of the program including the services the program provides.
- How does the changes that have occurred in our society and the family unit impact the way in which we as Human Service Professional provide services?
- Are there any special considerations we need to take into account when we are providing services to family (i.e., legal custody, extended family or non-biological individuals who are perceived as family)
- Do Human Service Professionals need to be more knowledgeable of things like legal issues surrounding who can consent for treatment and the difference between consenting for treatment and ability to make educational decisions?