Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Balkin, R. S., & Kleist, D. M. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). Assignments should adhere to graduate-level writing and be free from writing errors. I have also attached resources given to complete the assignment. Please follow the instructions to get full credit. I need this completed by 09/28/19 at 7pm. The case number you will focus on is #2. You will complete only part 1 of the worksheet attached.
Assignment – Week 5
As you learned in Week 1, for the Final Project, you will research one counseling intervention in relation to an identified mental health issue and apply your findings to a case study. This week, there are a number of decisions for you to make to solidify your project. You will complete Part I of the Final Project Worksheet. The first step is to choose the case study that you plan to utilize in your project. You will notice that some case studies include more than one potential client. For example, in the case of Jim, the 14-year-old adolescent, you may opt to focus on the family or the teen. After you identify the case and choose the client, identify one presenting problem or mental health issue for counseling focus.
Now, put your counselor hat on. You have an identified client and a presenting problem. Where do you go from here? As a counselor, you have an ethical responsibility to provide competent practice. There is an expectation that you will utilize interventions that are supported with empirical research. So, your next step is to identify an intervention that you would like to use with your client. For your project, you will investigate current counseling research related to the intervention in order to make an informed decision about evidence-based practice. To launch your research, you will formulate a research question to guide your investigation.
· Review the Final Project Worksheet Part 1 media program found in the Learning Resources for this week
· Review the Final Project Case Studies found in the Learning Resources for this week and choose one of the four case studies to use for your Final Project. School counselors should choose Case 1 or 2.
· Consider the case study and identify your client and the mental health issue you will focus on
· Choose one intervention that you would like to further investigate for possible use with the client
· Review the Final Project Worksheet Template found in the Learning Resources and use this template for this Part 1 Assignment.
Final Project Assignment
· Complete Final Project Part 1 of the Final Project Worksheet.
Document: Final Project Case Studies
Document: Final Project Worksheet
Laureate Education (Producer). (2017c). Final project worksheet part 1 [Audio file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 10 minutes.
In this recorded audio, Dr. Laura Haddock describes the portion of the Final Project due this week, with a review of the remaining components and corresponding due dates.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”