· Select psychopharmacologic treatments you might recommend for treatment of patients with Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders.
Create a study guide for the assigned psychotropic medication agents. Your study guide should be in the form of an outline with references, and you should incorporate visual elements such as concept maps, charts, diagrams, images, color coding, mnemonics, and/or flashcards. Be creative! IT SHOULD NOT BE IN A FORMAT OF AN APA paper. Your guide should be informed by the FDA-approved and Evidenced-Based, Clinical Practice Guidelines Research but also supported by at least three other scholarly resources.
Areas of importance you should address, but are not limited to, are:
· Title page
· Description of the Psychopharmacological medication agent including brand and generic names and appropriate FDA indication uses
· Any supporting, valid and reliable research for non-FDA uses
· Drug classification
· The medication mechanism of action
· The medication pharmacokinetics
· The medication pharmacodynamics
· Mechanism of Action
· Appropriate dosing, administration route, and any considerations for dosing alterations
· Considerations of use and dosing in specific specialty populations to consider children, adolescents, elderly, pregnancy, suicidal behaviors, etc.
· Definition of Half-life, why half-life is important, and the half-life for your assigned medication
· Side effects/adverse reaction potentials
· Contraindications for use including significant drug to drug interactions
· Overdose Considerations
· Diagnostics and labs monitoring
· Comorbidities considerations
· Legal and ethical considerations
· Pertinent patient education considerations
· Reference Page