Solution-Identify five modes of action of antimicrobial
1. Explain how capsules and cell wall components contribute to pathogenicity.
2. Discuss the causes of symptoms in fungal, protozoan, helminthic, and algal diseases.
3. Name the microbes that produce most of the antibiotics.
4. Identify five modes of action of antimicrobial drugs.
5. Describe inhibition of protein synthesis by antibiotics.
6. Describe the spectrum of antibiotic activity
7. Describe characteristics of antifungal drugs.
8. Identify the IMViC reactions for E.coli
9. Describe biochemical tests that differentiate Staphylococcus aureus from Staphylococcus epidermidis.
10. Use of DNA probe and PCR to identify bacteria and determine which ones are closely related.
11. The life cycle, definitive and intermediate host, and phylum of Clonorchis sinensis]
12. Mode of action for antibiotics; such as Penicillin, Indinavir, and others as presented in the online lesson, lab, or text questions.
13. Gram negative and acid fast negative staining and virus culture identification. What is the order of completion and why, and the identification of a virus class.