M & M plc Case Study
The following budget data relates to the firm of M & M plc for the period July to December Year 2.
September, October, November, December: July, August
5,600 units sold 6,000 6,400 6,100 6,200 6,300
Units produced: 6,000, 6,500, 6,200, 6,300, 5,900, 6,100
There is also the following details available:
1. The balance of cash and cash equivalents on September 1 is anticipated to be £9,500.
2. The unit’s retail selling price is £50.
80% of all credit sales are paid for one month after the sale, and the remaining credit sales are paid for two months after the sale, but 5% of the amounts due from these customers are anticipated to be bad debts. Credit sales account for 75% of all sales; these are sold to trade customers who receive a 10% discount on the retail selling price provided they pay within one month.
3. All sales must be accompanied by a £2 per unit payment for sales expenses.
4. The following are the unit costs:
Material costs are £25 per unit, due in the month before to production; labor costs are £11 per unit, due in the month of production; and labor bonuses are paid at the rate of £3 per unit for units produced in excess of 6,300.
The month following the output will be used to pay for this.
5. Monthly Fixed Overheads, excluding Depreciation of $1,000, are £4,000.
6. A new piece of equipment will be purchased and paid for with £120,000 in September. In September, a loan of £80,000 will be obtained from the bank to aid in financing this. Starting in October, the loan will be returned in 10 equal monthly installments, with 5% interest added to each payment.
(a) Create the cash budget for the second year from September to November.
(a) Describe two benefits of creating a cash budget on a spreadsheet for a management accountant.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now