Assignment 2: Section 4 and 5 of the Business Plan Strategic Positioning & Product and Service
In this paper, consider the major concepts you have learned in your MBA program, specifically MKTU 605, BUSU 630, OLCU 632 and BUSU 650. It is essential you cite your textbooks from these and all other core classes in the MBA.. However, remember it is self-plagiarism to cut and paste from earlier work. You will include graduate level research, analysis and writing to detail :Strategic Positioning, Strategic Intent (Measurable Goals) with Competition Strengths & Weaknesses (using Main SWOT Analysis & other matrices) and Product / Service (define product or service, what makes the product worthwhile, liability concerns, expert advice). You will use appropriate APA headings for each of these sections. Always remember to consider research, analyze and explain the forecasts of social, technological, economic, and political forces with special attention to the global aspects.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This paper will have two major sections, the first will be Industry Trends and Analysis and the Second will be Strategic Positioning. These sections make it perfectly clear what the innovation is, it will prove that it is an innovation and that there is a market for the product or service.
Industry & Trends Analysis (state of the industry, market research, barriers to entry, identifying competitors, identifying market niche, expert advice, competitive analysis, strategic positioning)
This is the section where writers need to perform a “preliminary SWOT analysis” that will need further data and research. It is also the first long section that is usually ten to twenty pages long with more than ten sources. Often this section includes three to four graphs describing the industry, competition, and industry evolution, all with cited data from academic and business sources:
- The history of the industry (or industries)
- Size of the industry
- Industry evolution
- The trend–where the industry is expected to be in five to ten years
- The key players in the industry (those who do something like this well and those who do not, something different)
- Perform a competitive advantage analysis (what is currently available so in the next section it can be shown how the competition)
- Barriers and challenges to entering the market
- Environmental scan
- Significant factors in the macro environment
Other issues include but are not limited to:
- Copyrights, patents, & intellectual property rights
- Research & development activities
- Failures in the industry
- Changes in the market
- Description if the innovation is a product or a service or a products & a service, what this product means for the industry
- Research & development activities
Strategic Positioning, Strategic Intent (Measurable Goals) with Competition Strengths & Weaknesses (using Main SWOT Analysis & other matrices)
This section often uses the information from the SWOT analysis, research, analysis, critical thinking and offers measurable goals.
- Exactly where the innovation will fit into the current marketplace
- Explain how strategy will be developed for success
- Evidence of strategic & critical thinking
- A strategic plan
- Details of how the Strategic Intent will influence the business & will be assimilated into the workplace
- Graphs of the competition with the history of successes & failures that connect directly or indirectly to the proposed innovation
- Flexibility & agility for strategic changes that will be necessary as the marketplace grows, diminishes, or changes
If you bring in graphs and charts from other sources (like maps, or .gov data) these must be cited using APA standards.