Week 3 research writing assignment. As you complete any writing assignment it is a good idea to proof read your work and use the University Writing Center to help with APA formatting; both will assist in minimizing grammatical errors and improve conducting research. Your Assignment:Find a research article – mobile technology preferred; but any technology topic is acceptable. A research effort is usually placed in the context of a “business problem” that can be understood in terms of carefully designed research questions; this allows for maximum research, understanding, and participation around resolving the problem.
Write a five – seven (5-7) page paper that evaluates the research article you found – your paper should be: typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. See hand-outs provided on graduate and APA style research papers.
Discuss – general guidelines for research writing:
- What makes research writing different than ordinary information/observation writing?
- Identify and explain major components of a research paper format
- Why use peer-reviewed journals in research?
- Why are keywords used in the Abstract and during the Literature Review process?
- Why use/apply APA basic citation style in these writing assignments?
- Why is academic integrity important (see syllabus)?
Evaluate – notice what research components (Title, Abstract, Method, etc.) are found in the article
- State the name of the article you found and that is being evaluated and who the author(s) is/are.
- What is this article about – talk about its context (what is the topic; its purpose, and significance to what/whom)?
- What components of a research format is included in this article?
- How does its format contribute to the purpose of the writing?
- Do the author(s) use this format in a way that furthers research – what other component(s), if any, might be helpful to that purpose?
Use at least five different quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, Blogs, Info articles, and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources for research writing. Include a cover page containing: the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference pages do not count toward the page count. Review the Helpful Information provided related to critical thinking and also follow the hand-outs provided in this week’s folder.