Click [Start a New Thread] to post to
the Discussion, then click [Post] once complete. Be sure to post a
response to all Discussion topics. Please review the Discussion Board
Participation Grading Rubric under Course Resources. This is important
information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. Your postings
should be qualitative and provide substantive depth that advances the
discussion. Please see the Writing Center for assistance with writing,
APA, and online communication.
Patient is a 62-year-old female with Type II Diabetes Mellitus. The
patient states she checks her blood glucose 1 – 2 times monthly fasting
in the mornings and reports that her blood glucose is always less than
120. Patient is currently on Metformin 1000mg twice daily and Glipizide
10mg twice daily. He denies blurred vision, neuropathy, foot ulcers,
urinary frequency, nocturia, polydipsia or increased fatigue. Lab
results today show an HbA1c of 9.8%.
- What current evidence-based guidelines would you use to manage the patient’s diabetes?
- What medications would you prescribe to treat the Diabetes Mellitus and why did you choose this treatment plan?
- With your current treatment plan, how many points would you expect
the HbA1c to drop in 3 months on next visit? What is a normal HbA1c
level for this patient?
- What are the possible side effects of the medications prescribed?
- What education would you provide to the patient regarding both the Diabetes and the treatment plan?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
“Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now”
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus interventions first appeared on nursing writers.