Please, it’s a discussion paper.
I don’t want a cover page.
APA format, Grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
citation and sources
Use the E-Text with the assignment for the material.
This week, we focus on the use of telehealth. For this discussion, consider what you have learned about public health informatics and answer the following questions in your response:
- What are some of the cultural challenges to consider when communicating with a patient using a telehealth application?
- What potential solutions could be used to improve communication using the telehealth model?
Please support your response with a scholarly source. Please be sure to respond to at least two peers each week.
This activity aligns with course outcomes:
3. Create a health literacy plan that incorporates patient and provider-to-patient communication needs. (Essential IV.1, IV.4. IV. 5, and IV. 7)
4. Evaluate patient and personal technology applications used in clinical settings. (Essential IV.2, IV. 7, IV, 9, and IV.10)
Use these sources
Brown, G. D., Pasupathy, K. S., & Patrick, T. B. (2019). Health informaticsâ€¯: A systems perspective. 2nd edition. Health Administration Press.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). (n.d.). Telemedicine. Retrieved from https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/benefits/telemedicine/index.html
- Gray, D. (2020). Telehealth in the COVID-19 Spotlight. HIMSS. https://www.himss.org/news/telehealth-covid-19-spotlight
- Diop, A. D., Robie, A., Clarke, M. (2020). Providing telehealth visits to underserved communities. Case study. HIMSS: Emerging Technologies. https://www.himss.org/resources/providing-telehealth-visits-underserved-communities-case-study
- HIMSS. (2020). Six ways to unleash the potential of telehealth. HIMSS. Patient Access. https://www.himss.org/resources/ways-unleash-potential-telehealth
- Majerowicz, A., & Tracy, S. (2010). Telemedicine: Bridging gaps in healthcare delivery. Journal of AHIMA,81 (5): 52-53,56. Retrieved from http://library.ahima.org/doc?oid=100028#.XtPoADpKiUk
- South Central Telehealth Resource Center: