For this task, identify one peer-reviewed journal article utilizing educational action research. Part 1 of this assignment will focus on a discussion of action research as a methodological design, while Part 2 of this assignment will address the application of action research from your chosen peer-reviewed journal article. Then, you will submit both parts in one document.
Part 1: Theory and Components of Action Research
- Discuss the application of action research and provide a general example of its application within education concerning your area of interest.
- Discuss the essential components of action research.
- Outline the strengths, limitations, challenges, and assumptions of the action research design.
- Evaluate the role of the researcher and the nature of the researcher/participant relationship within action research.
- Revise the table you created for assignment 5 by adding a row action research, and then completing each column for this design. Review the example below:
|Case Study||(why would one use the specific design to address this problem/issue||(purpose of the design)||(how the design was implemented)|
Part 2: Your analysis of the journal article should address the following:
- What was the problem/issue addressed in the study?
- What was the purpose of the study?
- What were the guiding research questions?
- What role did the researcher(s) assume in this study?
- How did the researchers apply the principles of the action research design to address their research problem? In what ways was it an appropriate qualitative design to effectively address their research problem of interest?
- What data collection strategies did the research(s) use?
- What ethical issues emerged in the research?
- What were the challenges/limitations of the study?
- What is your overall assessment of the study? Was the approach effective?
- What additions/modifications would you recommend?Length: 5-7 pages, not including a title or reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA