SME REPORT FORMAT
• This should include the economic value of SMEs to the UK
• The Definition of SMEs
• Key literature (SMEs and government policies)
• Have a particular focus for the SME, or the policy drivers, such as innovation (there are others in the module guide) that supports the rationale for government intervention. Please note that “access to finance” is not always an issue for a small business
• Include a review of the Bolton/Richard/Stevenson report on entrepreurship.
• You should support your argument with literature, for and against government intervention.
• SMEs development
SME, Government policy
Input & Output
Analyse using the theories of SMEs and other available literature (Week 6 Chapter 8) Churchill and Smith 5 stages Growth Model. Take data from the literature review on the particular focus to support the analysis of your findings.
How successful was the government policy?
What should the government do/ not to do in order to support SMEs?